-15 degrees...Transmission sliped for 3-5 seconds - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
-15 degrees...Transmission sliped for 3-5 seconds
Monday, December 08, 2008 3:10 AM
when i first started the car this morning. Once i got it moving the first time, she was fine. Drives normall all other times, never had a problem with the trans. thoughts?

2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan AT-Galaxy Grey Metallic Pearl, 37,000 miles,Loaded with everything except Leather and Nav, Tint-5% rear, 20% front, Calipers painted Subaru WR Blue, Ipod Integration, XenonDepot 4300K HID Conversion kit, Debadged, Optima Red-Top, No performance mods because its an auto, and its under warranty.

Re: -15 degrees...Transmission sliped for 3-5 seconds
Monday, December 08, 2008 5:21 AM
I couldnt get it back in the driveway this morning when i backed it down so i culd get my honda out and go to a meeting. I got back from me meeting and started the cavalier. when cold i could only get it to inch along on level ground. I only drove it a few feet, couldnt get it up the hill that is my driveway, so i parked it on the street again and let it warm up. After running for 15 mins, transmission works fine....thoughts?

2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan AT-Galaxy Grey Metallic Pearl, 37,000 miles,Loaded with everything except Leather and Nav, Tint-5% rear, 20% front, Calipers painted Subaru WR Blue, Ipod Integration, XenonDepot 4300K HID Conversion kit, Debadged, Optima Red-Top, No performance mods because its an auto, and its under warranty.

Monday, December 08, 2008 7:37 AM
hows the fluid level? and last filter service was when?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 3:01 AM
last filter service was 3 weeks ago. fluid was a little low, i added some (about a pint too much actually...so i have to drain it. thats a pain in the ass with no drain plug.

I must not have filled it up all the way when i changed the filter. I definately added 2 much this time. it said it was in the acceptable range though, so it shouldnt have slipped right?

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 3:28 PM
too much fluid should not cause slipping. what colour was the fluid you took out at the service change? and you used dex-III to refill correct?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 4:20 PM
I used Mobil ATF D/M. It says on the back it is Dexron III Mercon etc...compatible.

I drained it to the proper level now and refilled it to full. it was low when it was slipping. hasnt slipped since. Just in case I priced a used trans. 36,000 miles, from a 1998, $450 with a 2 year warranty.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search